Services > Individuals
Practical Tips for Financial Survival
- Assess your financial circumstances by preparing an accurate Income & Expenditure statement. (A blank form is available for you to use in our download section).
- Schedule a full list of your creditors, the amounts outstanding and the monthly payments due. Keep all statements and letters you receive as it will help provide a full picture of your financial circumstances.
- Wherever possible pay your mortgage, utilities and other priority bills on time. If you have any problems doing so, talk to the companies as soon as possible.
- When speaking to your creditors make a note of the conversations, the date and time, who you spoke to and confirm in writing any arrangements made.
- Be open and honest with your creditors – any little white lies will only come back to haunt you.
- Don’t incur any further debts or borrow further money as it will only help in the short term.
- Don’t ignore legal proceedings, but instead take specialist advice. We can help.
- Don’t let your financial problems affect your health or your relationships.
- Don’t think your problems will go away if you ignore them – they won’t!